The weekend is the perfect time to get away after a long work week, but it requires strategic planning to do it efficiently. Who wants to lug around a heavy suitcase or bag full of items you don’t need? Narrow it down to your most useful basics and streamline the packing process, while still bringing great style options for your weekend.
The destination is the exciting part, not the preparation to get there! This guide will help make your packing experience easier and more enjoyable.
Behind Every Good Weekend is a Great Wardrobe
Packing is a necessary evil and can be frustrating if you don’t have a plan for all you need, as well as where and how you’re going to store it during your travels.
If you’re going away for a few days, packing the most necessary and versatile pieces will make your wardrobe go far while you are on vacation. Include clothing with neutral colors, they pair well with anything.
Here are our tips for a getaway with style. These pieces could change depending on the destination climate and the specific occasion. You’ll experience less stress if you plan your outfits while packing and are strategic with it.
What To Pack
- Denim jeans – a light wash and a darker denim
- Trousers – depending on the occasion
- Blazer – depending on the occasion
- Light jacket – for versatile layering
- 2 dress shirts – in case you go to a nice dinner
- Polo Shirts – they make a great dressy-casual look
- Swim trunks – if the beach is calling your name
- Sandals – comfortable shoes
- Belts – they make a great statement piece, as well as hold up your pants
- Hat – to protect your face
- Sunglasses – to protect your eyes
- Sunscreen – to protect your skin
- Sneakers – if you plan on walking long distances
- Many pairs of socks
- Multiple undershirts
- And of course, any necessary toiletries
To save room in your suitcase, wear one of your outfits during travel (preferably your bulkiest clothes that won’t fit anywhere else). Bring a carry-on bag and put toiletries and other small items in there. If you’re flying and check your luggage, pack a spare pair of undergarments in your carry-on.
Our lead designer and style expert, David, shares some of his favorite St Croix must-haves for vacation:
Linen Cotton Blazer – Style 7924
Linen Check Sport Shirt – Style 6308
Microfiber Bi-Stretch Gabardine Flat Front Shorts – Style BAL5522